Sunday, July 4, 2010

Cooking with Emma - An Introduction

Welcome to the first week of Cooking with Emma. 

With three children it's often hard spending quality time with each of them.  Now that my eldest is in school full time, I find it even harder to get some one on one time with her.  I have been working my way through two books called "Breaking the Good Mom Myth"  and "Honey, I've Wrecked the Kids" by Alyson Schafer.  One thing I have gleaned from these books is that too often we devalue our children's abilities.  They are capable of so much more than we give them credit for and children often will thrive on increased responsibility.  So I figured why not spend more time with her and teach her a skill at the same time.

My goal this summer is to complete at least 30 posts.  (including this one.. cheating I know).  Emma and I will go through cook books and pick out anything that looks yummy.  The only rule I have is that we must eat what we cook. 

We will be posting recipes and anecdotes along the way of the good and the bad of what we have accomplished.  Will this improve Emma's behaviour and my connection with her?  We shall see. I am very hopeful.

0 comments:

 

Cooking with Emma Copyright © 2009 photographer Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template